Sunday, March 04, 2012

Progress

One good thing that came from my small post last week... Sir informed me that if I do miss a post, he now has a punishment waiting in the wings. This would definitely apply if I deliberately chose to miss an assignment, or even if I miss one due to other circumstances. I think this is pretty fair. Most of the time, I leave my writings to the end of the week, where I would have had plenty of opportunity earlier in the week to write, if I so chose. So missing a writing just because the weekend got busy is not really an excuse. I just need to manage my time better. I almost missed writing this week in fact - I fell asleep and then Sir called, waking me up. I felt like there was something I was forgetting, and then it dawned on me and I leapt out of bed. We had a conversation earlier this week, and I said I wasn't going to deliberately miss an assignment this week just to see what he had up his sleeve. I would have hated it to have to be punished so early for missing an assignment, especially after we had that talk. I'm glad I can be true to that statement now.

I also feel that even though I have been struggling with my new dress code (and even though I love it), I made more progress this week. I did away with not one, but TWO pairs of pants this week. They were in serious disrepair, and not really fit to donate. I think a major struggle for me is having appropriate items always at my reach. If I have perfectly good and clean pants, it's hard not to wear them. I also think a struggle will come in trying to adjust my wardrobe. I don't like to get rid of useful things. So finding homes for some of my garments that are in good shape is going to be really hard. The fact that I haven't yet figured out how I can work my outdoors job without wearing pants, means that I also have to keep some in my wardrobe for that purpose (which Sir understands and approves of). I just have to make sure that I'm only wearing those items for those purposes. It's going to be really difficult.

Here's hoping for more progress this upcoming week. I really want every step I take, even if they're small, to bring me closer to my Sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...