Thursday, November 01, 2012

Hurricane and New Job Update

Here in NJ I'm just fine. We were very fortunate. The worst we got was that the cable, phone, and internet went out. The lights flickered, and we lost power for a total of one minute.

The areas around me however were hit hard. There are downed trees everywhere, no one can get gas, many areas are flooded. My one job has been closed this entire week. I'm actually hating the new job, and I really want to quit so much that I actually drafted a resignation letter. But I've been waffling on whether or not to send it. I applied for a job in Connecticut and I think that if I get an offer there, I'll quit this job. If not, I'll try and stick it out, but its really making me miserable and it's scaring Sir how miserable I am. It's affected our D/s, again in that I'm overworked, overstressed, overtired and I've not had much time to concentrate on us. I'm also being more cranky and bratty and less inclined to follow rules.

Last weekend before the storm he actually tied me to his bed and struck me 101 times with different implements, until I cried. He said I needed the catharsis, and I think he was right. After that though, I was a pile of mush so we just stayed in bed for the rest of the day, essentially. I did need it, but the trade off comes in time to complete tasks for the new job.

I'm seriously hoping I get the job in Connecticut so that I would feel justified in resigning from this job that I've worked at for a total of 3 weeks (only two of which we've been open).

I hope everyone fared well this past week!

6 comments:

  1. My place still has no power, so I'm spending the weekend at Master's, as he has heat and hot water and coffee. Sucks that I can't be home with my daughter, but we'll get through. We're closer to the shore than you anyway, so I would figure that we'd be hit harder than you. Glad to hear you're OK though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the late reply. I'm glad you had somewhere to go.

      Delete
  2. Of course I have no idea why your new job makes your miserable. But having been in the work world and started jobs I hated in the past -- I'm going to offer some unsolicited advice.

    Don't jump out of this job into something that might not be a job you would have taken anyway.

    I mean-- assuming that you're not clubbing baby seals at your job -- you should not put yourself in the position of going someplace that doesn't meet the criteria for a job you previously set for yourself. If it DOES -- then you should do it.

    The other part of the advice is -- stick it out for a bit longer if you can -- you might not hate this job as much when you figure out the ins and outs of doing it.

    so sorry you are unhappy -- good luck!


    sfp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sound advice. I tried sticking it out for about another month, and it was just... awful. When I decided to quit, they offered me a different position, and thus far, I'm much happier, so we'll see!

      Delete
  3. Im sorry about the job. :( I'm glad you're okay in NJ.. I drove through there the other day and i'll tell ya, some areas are in shambles. It's so sad. Good luck with the CT job - that's actually where I live, so if you get it and you ever need a friend in the area - feel free to chat me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's odd. My area was fine, but my job which is three towns over was wrecked.

      So far, I'm still working in NJ. Thank you for the offer!

      Delete

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...