Friday, January 15, 2016

Five Years

Five Years! Sir and I have been together for 5 years today. It seems unreal to be saying that. It doesn't feel like that long, at all.


We're going away for the weekend since this is a big deal and we should celebrate!

Five years ago, I don't think I could have dreamed our lives up. It's a struggle and it's hard, but it is ours and just for that, I love it. I love our little life together. I love being with Sir. I love working through life and getting through the hard times together. I didn't think I could be with anyone for 5 years; this is my longest relationship by far. And it feels like a blink.

Here is Sir, being a dork entirely of his own volition. 
One of the few goofy photos that he's permitted me to post online.
I love Sir for a myriad of reasons such that I can't possibly write them all, but here are some highlights. He is intelligent and a careful thinker. He doesn't rush into anything. He is kind, and helps others in need. His love for his sweet mother. His geeky nature. His willingness to always try new things, at least once. His desire to make me happy; he goes to great lengths to put a smile on my face. His loyalty. His dependability and supportive nature. I don't know how I would have gotten through this year without him. His dominance, while still being a caring partner. And I think, above all else, his silly goofball side that only I get to see. I think that makes it special. Sir is a huge dork, but I am the only person he is fully himself with. I've seen him open up a little bit to others, but not nearly on the level I get. He is a different person with me than the outside world I think, and that's a gift he's given me: the gift of his true self.


Happy five years together, Sir. I look forward to the next five years and all the good they will bring as we put our lives together and build our future!

9 comments:

  1. Happy 5th anniversary...may you see many more.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Best wishes for many more happy years together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! Congratulations and happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Happy Anniversary, have a lovely weekend away xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 5 years to you both, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, everyone. We had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary and may you celebrate many more anniversaries in the years to come. Good luck. My good and I will celebrate our fifth in April.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 5th anniversary Lea, and your Sir. That is wonderful. My Bear opens up to me also and not to anyone else, so I can relate to you saying that about your Sir. Hope there are many more happy years together.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...