Thursday, February 11, 2016

About Sir - Meme

This meme is all about Sir. Please feel free to try it with your partner. I saw it on Hermione's blog a while ago.

1. Name a favorite movie of his. Do you like it, too? If he doesn't have a favorite movie, substitute a TV series. 
Sir's absolutely favorite movie and fandom is Star Wars. I enjoy it much, but he is definitely the bigger fan.


2. Tell us something you cook or bake that gets him so happy. Do you add something special that makes your recipe unique?  
Pasta! Sir LOVES pasta, any kind of pasta. His favorite is a recipe of his sister's. A lasagna with pepperoni and sausage. It's my goal to learn to make that for him, but I doubt I'll ever make it as good as she does (and that's okay; I'm glad they have something to bond over).

3. What does he wear to bed? 
Either nothing or underwear.

4. Does he have or has he ever grown a beard or mustache? Did you (or do you) like it or not? 
Yes! When we first started dating he was clean shaven. About 6 months into our relationship he grew an experimental beard/mustache for his sister's wedding. Well I LOVED it. He kept it, and he loves the way he looks with it too. We're going to a convention in couple of months and planning to cosplay. We had to plan everything around the beard because He. Is. NOT. Shaving. It! 

5. If they were going to make a movie of him, what actor would you pick to play him? 
It took me a bit to think of this. I want to say Zach Galifanakis just because of the sweet beard. Or maybe Seth Rogan.

6. Who is neater around the house, you or him? Then give us a sloppy example. 
I do most of the cleaning, and I'm neater in general, but he has specific areas that he is fanatical about, whereas I'm not fanatical about much. The bed must be clean at all times, nothing but pillows and blankets (and my teddy bear). He makes the bed everyday, just before sleeping. I never do it right and he has to re-do it anytime I do it. I'm constantly leaving stuff on the bed; books, towels, hairbrushes. He is good about putting things away and not having clutter, but when it comes to cleaning as in scrubbing/dusting/disinfecting things, that's not on his radar at all. His desk is always a mess though. Papers and receipts and books, pencils, index cards... just lots of random paper ALL over the top of it.

7. If you could buy him tickets to any concert (even if it's from the past), what musician or group would be singing or playing? 
Weird Al. I'd say They Might Be Giants, but he's seen them already and never Weird Al.

8. Does he wear a wedding ring? Do you care? 
No. And I'm glad he doesn't because we're not married so he'd be married to someone else, then.

9. How old was he and how old were you on the day you met? What else do you remember about that day?
5 years ago on the 15th of January we met. I was 27 and he was 32. We'd been chatting online for over a month and finally decided to meet in person. I remember being SO nervous, and uncharacteristically shy. I remember him being different than anyone I'd ever dated. He was thoughtful and reserved. He wanted to get to know me as a person, not shove his tongue down my throat. I remember thinking now that I was a bit reckless on our first date. I did have a safe-call, but I let him get into my car to go to a secondary location! I had a good vibe from him, and thankfully it worked out but crazy things happen. If someone else had told me they did this I'd have lectured them!

10. If he is the one to choose an ethnic restaurant for dinner out, would it be Chinese, Indian, Mexican, French, Italian, Greek, or ...?  
Japanese, probably. Sushi!

11. Does your man know how to dance? Is it something you both enjoy? 
No, no he doesn't and he'd probably be caught dead before anyone really sees him dance in public other than a slow dance. He does his "white boy dance" for me when we're alone quite frequently though, giant dorky face cheesing it.  I like dancing, though.

12. If you were going to choose a dress in a color just to please him, what color would it be?
Black or green. Green is his favorite color, but he does love leather, black leather.

13. Do you (or did you) like his mother? Why or why not?
His mother is lovely. I've told her before that I feel like I've hit the mother-in-law jackpot. She's kind, sweet and giving. Too nice for her own good sometimes. We hope to be in a place soon where we can do more for her; she deserves it.

14. Name a famous person he really admires.
I'm not really sure actually. Maybe Nikola Tesla? Or Neil DeGrasse Tyson? Or Johnny Depp maybe. We were talking about him (Johnny Depp) the other day. I need help with this one.

15. How does he take his coffee or tea?
No coffee. He drinks his tea black with lots of sugar.

2 comments:

  1. Our first date was to see Weird Al! Actually, he was opening for the Monkees, but Weird Al was more fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome. I'd rather see him than the Monkees.

      Delete

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...