Wednesday, February 07, 2018

My First Garter Belt

Sir has changed my dress code. As such, we're trying to find new items that will help us in changing some of my wardrobe toward this end.

One of them is a garter belt, to hold up my now winter-required thigh highs. I ordered one on Wish just before I left for North Carolina. When I got back, it had arrived!


It was good for a tester garment.

A few thoughts: 

One, I hope I have it on right. We put the eyehooks at the back. 

Two, I ended up ordering a 5X, since it said the sizes run small, and I've had problems ordering sizes online only to not be able to get into a garment before. I know I'm not a tiny human, but I am not a 5X. And I think it may be slightly large, perhaps I should have gotten a 4X.

Three, the material is very sheer, like a mesh. That's not how it looked online. While this was fun and sexy, I don't think it will hold up to everyday wear.

But, it DID keep my socks up, even through some pretty intense activity. And that's the entire point- keeping them up. The fact that they are aesthetically appealing (at least to me and Sir) is just a bonus! So this may be a viable solution. Online, I also found a straight up garter without the belt, and that may be an option too. These things are all pricey though - the thicker thigh highs, the garters. Baby steps I suppose. These are not things easily found at the thrift store. I'll have to find a brick-and-mortar place, or a better online source.

But for now, I am excited! And I think Sir is too.

8 comments:

  1. How fun to play with clothes like this. I love dressing up and Eric is cool with it too. After Halloween, I found some pretty sexy little numbers in the seasonal shops. Good times. :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, Amy! I guess we weren't thinking it would be - this was supposed to be for function, to hold my tights and socks up!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you are having fun with it!
    Aesthetically appealing is always a bonus.
    Try a wedding dress store, they should carry them both with belts and without and you could at least try it on for size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this may become a new thing for us.

      And that is an excellent suggestion, Bleue! I am going to have to check them out.

      Delete
  3. I love how they look!
    I have such a hard time putting them on by myself. I always end up frustrated. I can do it, eventually. But it's not like "throw on some tights".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think about having to put it on myself! I suppose I should try; Sir did it for me this time. I think I can get the garter part, its the belt that would be trickier for me.

      Delete
  4. Hi Lea,

    They look awesome and sounds like you had fun experimenting :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roz! Sir thought they were quite fetching. I hope to get a chance to wear them "out". That's the real test. Maybe tomorrow while I'm running errands.

      Delete

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...