Wednesday, April 11, 2018

The Last Pair of Pants

Over five years ago, Sir decided to give me a dress code. I was not to wear pants or shorts anymore. I was to wear skirts and dresses only. I could wear tight leggings under them, for warmth in the cold, but that was it. Sir realized this wasn't going to happen overnight, and over time I've gotten more skirts and dresses and stopped purchasing pants altogether. I've donated and gifted the pants I did have, little by little. So, though I've been extremely compliant in this dress code for years now...

I finally got rid of my last real pair of pants:



These. This unassuming little pair of black sweatpants. They finally went to the donation pile. And with that, I now own no pairs of wearable pants. I have one pair of jeans (that I would never wear), that I keep for sentimental reasons. They're not even in my closet, not that I could fit into them anyway, ha! They're covered in paint splatters and colorful stitching from projects in high school. They live with other sentimental clothing in a box under the bed, and hardly ever see the light of day.

So now, in essence, I am a pantsless person. I still have the leggings, but they always get worn under a skirt or dress, not by themselves. And now, those are going, too. I have donated two pairs of leggings thus far. It will probably take years, but they will disappear from my life as well.

Goodbye pants! You were nice, and you were comfy. But I haven't actually put you on for a year or two, and you were a crutch. Just knowing you were in the closet, should I need you. But I don't!

Not anymore.

13 comments:

  1. It's hard to let go of some items, just in case isn't it? Good on you. I love that you have kept some items for sentimental reasons.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, Roz. I do my best "letting go" right before a move.

      Delete
  2. All I can say is:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpWOvK-mz7U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, love it. I'd never gotten into MST3K previously... was looking at the reboot though!

      Delete
  3. "you were a crutch. Just knowing you were in the closet, should I need you. But I don't!" I feel this can mean so much more than just about a pair of pants in reference to the life of a submissive in the big picture.

    Good for you!
    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate that perspective. I wrote it, but I didn't think of a larger picture!

      Delete
  4. Wow that is some feat. well done Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Lea! πŸ˜†πŸ‘–πŸ‘—

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daisy. Those are the perfect emojis!

      Delete
  6. I'm always late to the party but this is a great post.i love how honest you are with yourself and everyone around you! I've always admired that about you! Even i have a couple pair of pants hanging around. One pair that was Master's Moms. They are a pair of white capri pants that don't fit and i have them in the closet to wear in case i wanted to do Yoga with my sister on line. If i remember right, i might have worn them kayaking last year. i'm not sure! i also have another brand new pair of Gloria Vanderbuilt slacks i purchased when i was still working. They are tucked away, tags still on them, they are cute but serve no purpose other than a tiny remnant of another time in my life, come and gone. i'll give them away some day, some day soon, i suspect. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, treasure! I thought about it, and I do wear pants - to work. I have a required uniform, but I think part of that divide, of "work me" and the person I am with Sir is the change in dress. My coworkers definitely notice when we have the rare "no uniform" day.

      I love kayaking. For kayaking, I have a quick-dry skort. If I'm going to kakak, it will be hot enough to wear that little tennis skort; I'm not a big fan of the cold!

      It can be so hard to let go of sentimental things. When you were talking about work clothing, it also made me realize that I have one pantsuit that my mom bought for me over ten years ago. I only wear it on really important job interviews (and thus luckily haven't worn in about 3 years!). I suppose I should obtain a skirtsuit, but I'm hoping I won't need one!

      Delete

I ❤ comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...